Lime-Coriander Marinated Barbecue Steak
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 medium red chilli
- 1 cup loosely packed coriander leaves
- 3/4 cup (190ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 kg skirt steak
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Puree the garlic, onion, lime juice, chilli, thyme, coriander, vegetable oil and honey into the bowl of a blender or food processor until the ingredients are well incorporated. Marinate the skirt steak with 1/2 cup of the puree in a resealable bag overnight in the refrigerator. Reserve the rest of the puree to use later as a sauce.
- Preheat the barbecue for medium-high heat.
- While barbecue is warming, remove the meat from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Discard any marinade left in the bag. Season the steak with the salt and cook to desired doneness, approximately 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- To serve, slice the steak against the grain into thin slices and drizzle the remaining marinade over the meat.
Recipe taken from: http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/12843/lime-coriander-marinated-barbecue-steak.aspx
Did you try this recipe? Let us know how it went on Facebook.
Or leave a comment below