Chicken Tikka skewers
- 450g/1lb chicken breasts, skinned and cut into 1cm/½in cubes
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, peeled and finely chopped; or 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 90ml/6 tbsp low fat natural yoghurt,
- 1 tbsp each of ground turmeric and garam masala; or 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 411g/14oz can apricot halves in natural juice, drained
- 200ml/7fl oz low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- Place the chicken in a bowl. Mix together the garlic, ginger, yoghurt, curry powder and lemon juice. Pour over the chicken cubes and mix well to coat all over.
- Pre light the bbq in your arctic cabin. Thread the chicken onto eight small skewers and place on the grill rack. Keep any remaining yoghurt mixture in the bowl.
- Brush chicken with the yoghurt mixture and grill for 6-7 minutes. Turn the skewers over, brush again and continue to cook for a further 6-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, place the apricots and the yoghurt in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively mash the apricots finely with a fork and mix in the yoghurt.
- For the salad, mix the ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve accompanied with the sauce and salad.