- 4 ripe pears, cored and quartered
- 4 ripe apples, cored and quartered
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Crème fraîche, to serve
- Place the pears and apples in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle over the sugar and the lemon juice. Using clean hands or a large spoon, toss the fruit in the sugar and lemon juice.
- Skewer the fruit alternating the pear and apple pieces. Place on a hot barbecue and turn until the fruit is softened and the sugar has caramelised.
- Dust liberally with icing sugar and serve with crème fraîche.